Teen Ranch is now hiring for 2022! If you are interested in joining the Teen Ranch Team and want to know more about life as a full time team member - look here!
Teen Ranch is a non-denominational and not-for-profit organisation that strives to introduce individuals to Jesus Christ through affordable, educational, safe and enjoyable camping/outdoor recreational experiences. This is a unique opportunity to work in youth ministry in the great outdoors! Teen Ranch is a vibrant working environment that promotes inclusiveness and wider community collaboration with people from all walks of life. We predominately work with school groups, Year 3-12 during the school Term and week long camps for 10-17 Year olds in the school holidays. We also have a variety of weekend groups enjoy our program and facilities throughout the year. We are passionate about our role in the community and are seeking like minded motivated staff to join the Teen Ranch Team.
- Teen Ranch is currently hiring individuals with Certificate III/IV qualifications in outdoor recreation.
About the role :
Outdoor recreation staff are responsible for the facilitation of the various activities provided at Teen Ranch (High Ropes, Tower/Abseil, Canoeing, Archery, Giant Swing, Bush Skills, Challenge Course, Pool Games and Orienteering) Staff are required to regularly complete in house training and external qualification updates. Additionally, kitchen duties, campsite programer or other wider roles within the property may be assigned.
- Teen Ranch is currently hiring individuals with horse experience and instructor qualifications (HSA, EA or equivalent qualification).
About the Role :
Horse Staff are responsible for the day to day care/feeding of the horses, stable hand work, preparation/pack up of horse sessions, ability to teach grooming, horse care and demonstrates a general horse knowledge/experience when working with clients and horses, ability to instruct beginners to more advanced riders. General maintenance of equipment, riding arenas/spaces and paddocks. Additionally, kitchen duties, cleaning duties or other wider roles within the property may be assigned.
Responsibilities : Staff are expected to:-
- provide a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment for participants/clients.
- professionally lead and instruct a range of activities within our Outdoor Education Program and /or Horse Program. The role includes activity preparation, facilitation and pack up (based upon relevant qualifications), equipment upkeep and maintenance.
- demonstrate an ability and willingness to utilise and reflect Christian principles and values throughout the Outdoor Education Program
- work in a conducive and enthusiastic team environment , demonstrating initiative ,adaptability and a willingness to learn.
- possess a positive attitude and work ethic with a desire to serve others.
- A valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid work (WWCC)
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- National Police Check (at offer of employment stage)
- Current Drivers' Licence Preferable
Available positions include both residential and non-residential roles.
Enquiries taken via email.
Please attach resume, employment reference, proof of qualifications and contact details.